Tides 8700 SC: the long-distance surf casting machine!
The extra-slow stroke of the special worm-shaft gear and the crosswise, optimised line lay are two of the key design features. An added bones of that is, that even the thinnest wet braided lines do not cut in!
The CNC, mill-cut aluminium crank can be screwed firmly into the corpus and thus has no backlash. There is a special rim underneath the spool (anti-tangle guide) which prevents the line from becoming entangled in the rotor.
The reel is equipped with the rubber-buffered and spring-loaded Safety Line Clip and the Lazy Rotor System fixes the rotor when the bail is folded, preventing it from twisting before or during casting.
It goes without saying that the ball bearings and main axle are made from high-class stainless steel.
- 7 precision ball bearings plus 1 needle bearing
- Quick-Stop-System (Q.S.S.) for stopping rotor instantaneously
- Reinforced main axle made of stainless steel
- Finely adjustable front drag (S.D.S) with extra large brake discs
- Chrome-plated brass worm shaft gear for a super long strike
- Crosswise line lay: ideal for braided line
- Strong-Bail-Concept, bail made of strong, lightweight aluminium
- Anti-Swing-System (A.S.S.) for optimum smooth running
- Anti-Twist line rollers
- Aluminium long distance casting spool
- Nylon/ABS spare spool
- Optional left or right-handed operation
- CNC mill-cut aluminium Power crank